Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Time Well Spent

The only time well spent is time spent alone. There are exceptions to this, but they are seldom productive in any meaningful sense.

My typical day some time ago would have consisted of several minor activities, none of which were particularly engaging, and none of which were ever productive in any way whatsoever. After a period of "finding myself", however cliche and overused (and vapid) that term is, I whittled my life down to two basic acts; free time spent with family and friends, which is my only real source of entertainment now, and learning.

The time I spend learning is often divided between time reading books, and time with other media, primarily the internet. Right now, thanks to a close friend of mine, my primary interest is social psychology. My goal in this was to find a productive act, feeling somewhat numbed and jaded by cheap entertainment. Reading and playing guitar, along with writing, became the sole acts with which I involve myself in now.

I was writing for a game site for awhile, but I have ceased to do this. No intention on going back. I just don't want to spend the time with those things anymore on the level that would be required to speak on them.

Any other extraneous entertainment such as music and film are shared acts. I try to fit them into my time with other people.

It's working very well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment