Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mind Dump

The greatest risk in the pursuit of knowledge is in actually becoming someone who is worth a damn.

The more I realize this, the more I want to absorb and learn. And the faster I learn that the greatest thing mankind can ever hope to achieve is his own expiration, the more it scares me to find out just how right I am.

I am no idealist, but the grim conclusion of death is something I'd love to avoid. That is part of the will to survive, the dream of living forever. When I am at my most stable, this concept bothers me in a very minimal way. When I am at my worst, I reach out for something to help me.

This kind of philosophy, therefore, isn't fitting of my personality type. But it's the only one that makes any rational sense, and therefore the only one I can ever really subscribe too.

It's sort of tragic, in a way. But I think I can deal with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment